The DOs and DON'Ts of Teeth Whitening
If you are interested in tooth whitening in St. Paul, you have come to the right place! We create custom, take-home whitening systems for you to brighten your smile in the comfort of your own home.
We want you to get the most out of your tooth whitening here in our St. Paul office, so here are some things to do and some to avoid while you go through the teeth whitening process.
Dos for Teeth Whitening:
- Do get your teeth cleaned before your whitening appointment – clean teeth whiten more effectively because the professional strength whitening gel can come into direct contact with your teeth.
- Do schedule a consultation – We can determine the correct teeth whitening program to ensure the best results.
- Let us know if you have sensitive teeth – If you have sensitive teeth, we can make recommendations regarding the best approach to teeth whitening.
- Maintain your regular dental cleaning appointments as they can often remove many surface stains after whitening.
- Contact our office if you experience side effects – We can often provide a solution that allows you to continue whitening your teeth.
Don’ts for Teeth Whitening
- Don’t drink any red wine or coffee right after teeth whitening – Your teeth will be more susceptible to stains right after you whiten them.
- Don’t use too much whitening gel or wear your trays longer than recommended – Straying from the directions can cause sensitivity.
- Avoid colorful foods like curry – Even colorful foods can cause additional stains on your teeth.
- If you have sensitive teeth, avoid whitening toothpaste – Whitening toothpaste often contains abrasive that can cause more sensitivity.
Contact Our Saint Paul Dental Office
If you are interested in tooth whitening in St. Paul, MN, give us a call! Our team looks forward to helping you achieve a whiter smile safely and effectively.